Joining an encrypted AirPort wireless network from a Windows PC:
Apple's Airport Base Stations have unique feature of creating an 128-bit encryption based on string you specify as a password. It can be an plain text string like "applenova".
Windows based computers usually require 13 ASCII characters or 26 hex characters string to access 128-bit encrypted networks.
- Launch AirPort Admin Utility (located in /Applications/Utilities), and select your Base Station.
- Click on configure button, and enter your password.
- Now click on Password icon.
- Write down the hex equivalent of your password. If your password is exactly 13 characters long you will be provided with ASCII string as well, otherwise only hex value will be shown.
- Use this hex password to authenticate from your Windows computer.