View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2004-08-15, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkaratemonkeydeathcar
plus if she was in europe how in the hell would she know what was not getting through in america?
google's news feed is updated, what every thirty seconds?, what is the lead story about iraq now, will be 4th or 5th in line a couple of minutes later.
to censor something that's flying by at such a pace, well i don't think there is anyone capable of doing that, and any program written to do that would be haphazard.
and finally, google is where i get most of my iraq news, if they are censoring stuff the war must be more FUBAR than i thought.
Erm!?! Let me think....

Phone, email to friends, relatives in the states.... any number of international instantaneous communications methods!

Anonymous surfing springs to mind.... Would you like some more examples...

To clarify the above point.. I run a proxy server on my 17" and on some of my own sites. Why? Quite often when you update a web site your ISP is still caching the last version and when you check the update you see the old version.... I have spent many a few minutes scratching my head because of this... If you then proxy surf the same site from either your own machine, or via your own web server you get the real, uncached updated version.

You can also anonomously surf using this method... That way it is possible to mask where you are surfing from. Many sites give localised information based on where you are... If you are anonomously surfing they don't know and give you generic or default results...

With regards to you getting most of your news from.... That IS MY POINT!!!!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt