View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-11-09, 22:42

That whole NaNoWriMo thing isn't for me. Writing? Blah. Novembeard is one thing, but I just remembered yesterday that there's also a drawing "challenge" for November to produce 50 drawings. Sounds simple, right?

http://nanodrawmo.org/

Quote:
Inspired by National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), NaNoDrawMo is a personal challenge to push would-be artists beyond the bounds of comfortable "when I have time" practice for one month and see what happens.

Loosely defined goals are for each participant to produce 50 individual works/drawings between Nov 1 and Nov 30. Extra points if they work together to tell a story or otherwise share an overall theme (people you know, people you saw on the bus, etc).

You can always do more than 50 if you've got it in you! That's just the minimum everyone should be shooting for.

You do not have to be good. There is no quality requirement. The idea is to force yourself to practice by setting a high quantity goal. Also, it’s not a competition (except with yourself). Any medium is OK, as long as you can get it onto Flickr somehow.
Anyone else up for it? It's a little more involved than beard-growing, but it's probably less time-consuming and stressful than cranking out a 50,000-word novel.

I haven't just drawn in years... the last time I remember just sketching stuff with a pencil was my sophomore year in college between classes. So, yesterday evening and this evening I sat down with some blank typing paper and a freshly sharpened #2 HB pencil to try to dump some ideas. I'm way behind and need to draw several every day to meet the 50-drawing count. Here's what I've made so far in order.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.