View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-02-10, 10:07

I hope it's more Mandalorian and less Boba Fett. If it's just Obi-Wan being all morose and pensive, and staring out at the desert all day while contemplating his failures, I'm gonna be disappointed.

That it has McGregor in it - the best part of the prequels - is encouraging.

It's only six episodes, so two less than The Mandalorian and one less than The Book of Boba Fett. That might help keep them focused.

Things I expect, just based on the location/timeline:

- A glimpse of ~10-year-old Luke, if only from a distance (I don't think the kid version has a central, speaking role)
- Force ghost Qui-Gon (how could they not?!)...Liam Neeson will sign on for anything, apparently
- Force communication with Yoda; he and Obi-Wan are in the same boat (exile/hiding)...they'd want to stay in touch
- Mos Eisley...travel/space jockey hub, and that's where he'd hear news about what's going on in the galaxy
- I think he'll hit that cantina a few times; he seemed familiar with it in A New Hope
- There's a reason he said what he did about Mos Eisley; he hung out there enough to know
- He'll have trusted friends/allies who keep him in the loop (they may or may not know his true identity)
- I think he'll cultivate a bit of a "crazy hermit" persona at times to keep people at bay and from looking too hard
- Can't figure out why Hayden Christensen is in it, UNLESS we're getting flashbacks of pre-Vader Obi-Wan and Anakin; anyone can play the suited Vader, so I don't see the point in hiring wooden Christensen, only to keep him hidden in that costume...there's nothing particularly imposing or "Vader-y" about Christensen...it always took two men - a 6'6" bodybuilder and James Earl Jones - to bring the character to life; Christensen has neither the build or voice to believably inhabit that particular role, IMO). Maybe he'll play unhelmeted Vader in his meditation chamber or something, with the necessary makeup and all? Maybe that's what they're using him for?
- Because of Tatooine/Mos Eisley, a few cameos wouldn't surprise me (de-aged/deepfake Han Solo and/or Chewie, younger (slimmer) Boba in his light-grey jumpsuit, Cad Bane(?), Darth Maul, almost certainly Jabba, etc.?). And possibly Jimmy Smits in some capacity? He was among the last to see Obi-Wan and Yoda before they went into hiding. He would know where both are and have reason to stay in touch (if it's not too risky). He was always good as Bail Organa in the prequels. He's not listed among the cast, but that doesn't mean he can't pop up for a one-time cameo, even via hologram or something.

Going by the cast listing, we're getting Owen and Beru (Joel Edgerton and Bonnie Piesse, Australian actors who played the roles in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith in 2002 and 2005), so some more nice carry-through from the prequels, alongside McGregor.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-02-10 at 10:54.