View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-03-10, 08:57

BTW, that scene in the teaser of Obi-Wan watching Luke playing from afar...exactly as I'd imagined. Not sure if the kid will have any speaking role or play a major part in anything (it looks like Owen and Beru may), but I knew there would be at least once scene in the show where Obi-Wan watches what is obviously a 9-10 year old Luke Skywalker running around the farmstead, playing (I figured he might be playing with a spaceship toy/model or something, to a) drive home that it's Luke and b) that he's had those pilot/adventure dreams long before we met him in 1977.

This show only has six episodes, so I'm hoping there's little-to-no-filler or any "throwaway" episodes where nothing really happens...they can't afford that with so few installments, so, in theory, it should be pretty lean and every episode "counts".

Looks like a lot of off-planet stuff too, which I wasn't expecting.

The one thing I wish they'd do (since I assume they're all in the can/ready-to-go) is just release all six episodes at once, like Stranger Things does/did, where you can set aside a rainy Saturday with some snacks and just watch the entire damn thing in a single sitting (if you wanted). I don't like how they spoon them out like a normal network/cable TV show, once a week. But that seems to be their established pattern with the other SW shows, so I imagine this will be six weeks of waking up super early, again.

While I still think Liam Neeson makes a Force ghost cameo, I've rethought my "Obi-Wan and Yoda stay in touch via the Force" prediction from upthread. That might be like using a cell phone, where the Empire (Vader or other Force users) can "ping" locations. Obi-Wan and Yoda (and any other Jedi out there) may have to suppress that sort of thing in order to stay off the radar, literally, and stay hidden away as much as possible. Obi-Wan will have to "de-Jedi" himself as much as possible so no locals drop a dime and alert the Empire to "hey, there's some dude here in town with one of those blue laser swords, making shit float and stuff...you might wanna check it out, I hear you're looking for these guys".