View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-09-22, 22:28

I don't post in here all that much, but I thought I would share this. I listen to music about as often as I use a cell phone, which is almost never. But, my old-dude days come roaring back once in a while and I just can't shake them off. Back in "the day" I used to listen to a ton of Queensryche, Metallica, AC/DC, and such. We had this bar we went to where cover bands played, and we sat right in front of the loud speaker (we had our own table). My ears are now suffering for that stupidity, but so it goes.

Anyway, I heard a cover on the radio a few months ago and it just caught me and I asked, "who the hell is that?" I was shocked as hell when I found out it was Disturbed, who are about as gritty a heavy metal band as I have ever listened to. I wandered through some of there stuff and shook them off as being too "metal" for this old metal head. Still, I've come to believe that David Draiman is the best male vocalist on this planet, if only he would turn his talent to other ventures like The Sound of Silence.

I also very much like this awesome track, which is now my new favorite metal piece. I haven't heard anything else of theirs that I like, but these two are just awesome!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)