View Single Post
AWR
Veteran Member

2007-03-20, 07:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
"Lesson": take just about anything you hear these days - from any news outlet - with a pinch of salt and a look of
Certainly one should think about the veracity of what they are reading or watching, but I don't believe that all news outlets have an equal factor. Maybe that's not what you're saying, though.

I think there are a number of solid news outlets that may have a certain bias but report solid news and analysis 24/7. Edit: my sources do not include any national media outlets, with the exception of NPR.

As far as this ad goes, I think it is stupid, and not persuasive, intelligent or sophisticated. Just the work of some bored hack. I can't even remember what the message is.

Also I think party in-fighting is fine. The problem as I see it is that the two party system doesn't work on many levels. The right should have room for Lott's and Chafee's. (Well maybe not Lott, the farking eegit ). The left should have room for a spectrum of views too. How is it that traditional, fiscally conservative voters on the right should have to sign up with Bush and Reagan, neither of whom had/have a fiscally responsible bone in their bodies? Edit: For clarity, I'm a fiscally responsible member on the left, but regardless of the side, one shouldn't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Without Obama and Hillary going after each other, how are primary voters supposed to know whom to support? In any event, the system's broken and my thoughts on it are irrelevant. So I'll stop wasting eveybody's time.

Don't these pols have jobs, anyway?

Last edited by AWR : 2007-03-20 at 10:36.