Thread: iOS 6 Wishlist
View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-03-14, 06:45

The first three things that come to mind are pretty basic. I'm sure I have more, but these are the ones I want most:

1) Unified address/search bar in Safari. I think it's pretty likely that we'll get this one. Mountain Lion's version of Safari has it, so we'll probably see it in iOS 6 as well.

2) Notification Center widget API (probably much less likely). I'd like to have custom widgets in notification center (and maybe on the lock screen). For example, it would be great to have an ESPN widget that scrolls through current scores for my favorite teams. I can see this in the app, but a widget that basically shows the same info as the on-screen score graphics would be amazing. Apps like Launch Center would really be improved by widgets too. You could create easy-to-access buttons for everything you have launchers for. You should also be able to disable an app's ability to run widgets.

3) Maybe this one should have been first. Can I please have a faster way to turn WiFi and Bluetooth on and off? PLEASE? It's not a big deal on my phone, but I typically leave my iPad in airplane mode so it lasts longer between charges. I'd sure love to be able to switch it in and out of that mode more quickly. It's silly that I have to think about jail breaking just to get something as simple as that.