View Single Post
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2017-05-12, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
Clinton lied under oath about a blowjob. Doesn't surprise me it wasn't a slam dunk for the Republicans.

For the Trump team and Russia, there's a shit ton of smoke for there to be no fire. Any number of the following could start the dominos falling.
You realize that list reads much like "Obama's going down as soon as all this smoke reveals he is a homosexual, cocaine-snorting, communist foreign Muslim."

Right? Also you forgot that controversial "Trump gets two scoops of ice cream, everyone else gets one!"

I'm pretty sure the outrage there will drive voters away from him and into the arms of the media and their "analysis".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
I never indicated a time frame for the impeachment. I don't think his firing Comey is impeachable. I think the shit he is hiding probably is. Let's see how the GOP does as they sense electoral blowback from the orange trash bag.
I'd be happy to read any links you have to legitimate electoral blowback from Trump onto Republicans. So far all special elections have gone the way of Republicans. I haven't read a single article that shows the Senate in danger or anything of that nature that is based on polls of the Republican base. I've seen plenty that are speculative daydreams full of hypotheticals much like posted above but those don't mean much of anything.

Every Trump supporter I've talked to is absolutely thrilled with the guy. The last poll I saw on the topic said 98% of his voters would vote for him again and polls I've read related to replaying the 2016 election again show his lead over Clinton increasing.

This all says to me that the Democrats need to offer up something other than the opposition is evil and we are right in a vacuum of standing for and doing nothing much more than being outraged. Sanders to his credit offered a legitimate plan. He offered a vision.

I mean is there any cohesiveness to the Democratic vision? So far it appears they hate the rich and by rich they mean...who knows really because they do nothing more than sell America out via free trade, H1B visas, high levels of legal and illegal immigration and beneficiaries are all the tech rich kids and global multinationals who hide their money offshore, run it through elaborate tax schemes and talk green while making plenty of green that they keep for themselves.

You could be correct that Trump is just a facade, a con-man who will change none of this but sadly a con-man noting it needs to change and pretending to change it is still a step better than a bunch of corrupt and total sell-outs who pledge more of them same and hide the suffering behind their platitudes about victim groups.

Last edited by El Gallo : 2017-05-12 at 13:08.