View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-03-30, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I watched quite a few unboxing/setup/testing videos on YouTube last night about the new Air. Hard to find anything bad/negative about it.
There's videos going around complaining about the cooling system, but I think that misses the point. The Air is not a workhorse and has never been advertised as one.

Quote:
And the Space Grey looked really nice, which I had settled on anyway, just for a nice change after 16+ years of various silver/aluminum Macs.
I still hope we see some more creativity again on that front. I miss the colorful iPod nano.

I made it a point to get a green iPhone 11, and while it's not my favorite hue, it's so nice to not have yet another white/silver/black thing. (Likewise, I get first- or third-party Watch bands now and then, just to mix things up. Nothing of the kind for the Mac, though!)

Quote:
I feel like, after all this time, I do need to give an updated 13" Pro (and possibly an iMac) an honest shot/look, but barring just something truly compelling from them (price drop/bang-for-the-buck goodness), I'm 92% set on this new Air, with the i5 and 16GB upgrades. I figure by June I should know all there is to know and then I'll feel like I can (finally) pull the trigger by mid-summer (you know, assuming we're all still alive and so forth).
Yeah, I think we'll see some kind of update on the 13-inch (or 14) Pro in Q2. Almost certainly a storage bump, since the Air got it. And no more butterfly keyboard.

Price drop, though, I don't know. Maybe?