View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-03, 12:06

There's that neat compare tool at Apple.com where, I assume, they show the various models in true relation to each other, size-wise.

Folks, as I did, probably need to get over the 4" screen thing. I don't think Apple is going to go back to it. It sucks, but it is what it is. You move on, adapt or go buy another brand. Is that Reachability(?) feature still a part of these larger models?

Height doesn't concern me, it's the horizontal measurement that affects grip/one-hand use. I do okay, with a bit of adjusting, with a "naked" 6s with its 4.7" screen. Isn't ideal, but it's doable. I wouldn't want it to be any larger...

I think the 4"-based iPhone is dead and gone, otherwise all the rumors would've been centered around that number by now. When I hear/see 4.7" everywhere I look, then I'm gonna assume that's what it'll be. And, for the reasons I gave in my final paragraph in my previous post, it makes all the sense.

There's been an ongoing debate about what the iPhone SE represented: lower cost or smaller size. While it's not "smaller size" as before, it's still smaller compared to all the flagship offerings, right? Four years ago, 4" was smaller compared to the 4.7" and 5.5" of the flagships. Here in 2020, 4.7" is smaller than the 5.8", 6.1" and whatever else is in the iPhone 11 lineup. Same type of thing, it just all skootched up a bit, in unison. It's all complicated/muddied a bit because those larger numbers do come in a full-face design to where the body isn't as large as it would be in a traditional iPhone design. But the point still (mostly) holds...you're getting a smaller (cheaper?) display than what's present in the current flagship models.

...which means, four years from now, you'll be looking at a 5.5" SE while the flagships are all foldable 7-8.8" models. It's all relative.