Thread: Black Friday
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-11-27, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Black Friday shopping is for fools, unless they shop online.
I was going to go to Target to get a nearly-half-off Dyson, but I'm not so sure now. I mean, I'm not sure if I can get a ride in the first place, and it's not like I can walk around carrying a massive vacuum cleaner box, so my mind might be made up for me anyway. But also, even though it's almost half off, $250 is a lot of money to pay for a vacuum cleaner (for me anyways). But I really really really want a Dyson (and it's PINK!) so who knows.

But yeah, Black Friday is nuts. Pre-Thanksgiving "4 Day" sales are where it's at - prices almost as good as Black Friday (sometimes better!) with none of the crowds. I got a 32" Bravia for $498, so I'm happy. I also got a kickass LEGO Castle at Walmart for half price. That was *supposed* to be for Black Friday, but if they put them in a place where they're accessible for (really tall) customers, and if they mark them down ahead of time, well then they can't blame people for (ahem) buying them in advance...

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong