View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-11-28, 06:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR View Post
Very David Sedaris of you!!

Hahaha. Thanks, but right now I feel a bit more like Augusten Burroughs, with "The Cow."

I bought the Dyson online. Paying $10 for shipping was better then getting up early, fighting the crowds, and then trying to figure out how to carry it home.

But I'm a little "eh" about it...it was still a lot of money for a vacuum (for me), and I just realized that it was the DC07 model, and not the newer DC14 model, so that dampered my enthusiasm a little bit, even though I have no idea what the differences between them are (other than nebulous claims of "better technology"). But I hope I'm not turning into a guy who can't have a obsolescent vacuum, for chrissake's. Plus, mine is PINKER.

I'm cool with my decision. I've wanted a Dyson for a while and I need a vacuum anyway and do you really think I would be happy with some ripoff Dirt Devil? Puh-lease.

After all, infertile couples pay hundreds of times as much for babies on the black market. All I need is the Dyson, and I'm happy.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong