View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-03, 14:46

Watched Episode 4 last night. This show continues to impress, and I really enjoy the way the main character is written and, although his face is always covered by a helmet, there is a great deal of personality conveyed. My only complaint thus far is the continued use of ex machina to resolve problems that arise. While it can be fun, if overused it gets a touch monotonous and predictable. But, that is my only complaint. The show is stuffed with good, well-timed humor, great effects, fun scenarios, believable characters, good acting, and a storyline that has me "rooting for Boba Fett", which is weird because there is no Boba Fett in this show, but it explains a lot about that long-ago character that has me respecting him and the trials he must have gone through.

This is a good show!

P.S. It's fun to look over at my Star Wars-nerd daughter and see the smile of enjoyment on her face. That makes me

Edit: Also, I wanted to toss in an update to the music complaint I had in my first post. Things are looking up. Music is one of those elements that should never detract from the story. I thought it did that in the first episode, but since then I feel like the music is more harmonic with the story and not distracting.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)