View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-12, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I made it through the second time without dying. I feel accomplished.
Awesome!

Quote:
I started working my way through the dam today and loved what I found so far. I died so I can't go too far into the details of what I enjoyed about it other than the great detail you put in it Brad!
I'm very curious: how did you die? Elevator out of order? I tried to make the whole thing pretty air-tight for safety at least when it comes to mobs. Countless cycles were spent with the debug info open and carefully looking for blocks that had lower than 8 light level. The elevator was the one trap I reluctantly left in, although you can catch a ledge or vine as you step in and there is a button you can use to open the door from the inside to escape... but I shouldn't have expected anyone to realize that without me hanging around in the server and listening for the screams in chat.

Quote:
I did notice what looks like a couple of iron blocks missing from doors though. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but if not you might want to go through and add them back.
I'll have to go back and check, but these gaps were probably intentional. I tried to make a few of the doors look "broken down" and there's only so much you can do without iron slabs or stairs.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.