View Single Post
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2007-04-29, 22:02

So who here bikes?
A few years ago, some idiots stole my cheap-o target schwinn right after I moved into my new apartment (nice housewarming gift) and I've been without a bike since. A few weeks ago, I decided that it had been to long and went to a local shop to get myself a nice new bike.
Heres what I came home with:

*catches self drooling over shiny-ness*
A 2007 Speicialized Crossroads Sport. I absolutely LOVE this bike! It rides so smooth and I don't get the numbness issue I had with my old bike (seat was not designed to be used sitting upright.)

The apartment I live in now has very close access to Minneapolis' bike trails, and I live very close to Lake Calhoun (clicky here for QTVR), which has a 3 mile trail around it.

I try to do at least one lap a few times a week, should be easier now that the weather has warmed up. And if I get bored with that, there are about 50-60 miles of bike trails in the area around the city, but not all of them have the smoothest trails.

I plan to do a lot of riding this summer and hope to get myself fit enough to try ridding to work at least a few times. I found out the trail that runs right behind my apartment building also runs extremely close to where I work, only a 9 mile ride (vs the 17 miles that I have to drive there.)

So does anyone else ride? Any tips or suggestions for a new rider?