View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-14, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Yeah I can definitely hear that now that you mention it, right after the whistling 'Man with No Name' bit.

[edit]:
The Mandalorian Theme
End credits usually start @ 0:46; the part you're talking about starts @1:10.
Yes, this is exactly the part. That low brass section, presumably trumpets and maybe a french horn, is the specific part of the melody that has been rattling around in my brain for the last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Rocky Theme
It does sound like the beginning of Rocky. The soundtracks probably have more stuff that play on the iconic first notes.
There may be some similarities to the main Rocky theme... but it's not quite close enough...

This, on the other hand, I believe is what my brain was connecting: Bill Conti - Going The Distance (Rocky)

A very similar melody and instrumentation start around 0:15 (but listen to it from the start and compare with The Mandalorian Theme starting from ~1:04 though ~1:20). The key signature is higher and the tempo a bit faster in Going the Distance, and yes a few of the notes are different but I think I'm satisfied that this is the connection my poor little brain was trying to make.

I'm lucky that this was only the third track from the first movie's soundtrack. I was prepared to scrub through all four first movies to find this, and I originally thought it felt more like a supporting melody from Rocky 3 or 4. I might still have to scrub through to find if there's an even closer matching version.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.