View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-17, 15:43

Around the same time that that training flight happened, we were off the Oregon coast (Newport) deep sea fishing. One of the guys on the charter got real sick, and they do not turn around (unless it is life-threatening). You just have to suck it up for 6+ hours. Anyway, a couple 20-something's were on board and making fun of this guy, teasing him, poking at him, just acting like ass-hats. Well, karma is a thing. Those two were up on the bow draining a cooler of beer and eating Cheeze Snuffies or some other yellow cracker things and … well … the results, oh the results. They got sick, where by sick I mean "chumming for sharks".

The ocean is an up and down, back and forth sort of place, and it gets to everyone at least once.

I seem to recall catching a lot of sea bass on that trip. I think it was all the chum in the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
If you get sick in a car I can't imagine how worthless you'd be on a ship. I lived for it and loved a good storm personally. If you get even slightly motion sick on land then you would certainly be heaving on a ship or aircraft.
I was seriously a signature away from joining you out there. I was a rebellious little turd and struggling with authority and wish I had signed the paper. Alas, I didn't. Too old for the Navy, now. Even so, I would have been angry as hell when I found out just how much of a lie that recruiter had told me while I was wallowing away in the depths of some engine room chipping paint off an old steam pipe. But I would have loved it out there. My current day dream is yachting the world.

Also, that whole sea-sickness thing usually goes away with time. You just get used to it, and then you can't walk straight when you put your feet back onto solid ground.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)