View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-21, 20:47

I had to go to Walmart today because I'm out of distilled water. I tried to go to the local Food Lion but they were out. Walmart was really low but I have to use distilled water in my equipment so it really was a must.

We still don't have active cases in my area that we know of, other than 4 that had traveled and were isolated. It was still wild to see all the shelves bare. Like, regular water was gone. Heck, canned goods were even missing like people never bought food before. My son likes boiled peanuts and asked me to pick up a few cans of them while I was there. Only two cans were left! Who eats those things other than my son and yet the shelves were picked clean.

It was wild. Only a few people wore masks or something that made it obvious they were concerned. I wore cloth gloves (nice black ones with capacitive touch pads) the whole time I was there so I'd only have to worry about the pads being cleaned good and not stress about touching random crap.

Thing is, I'm more likely to catch the flu or cold around here right now but suddenly this virus had made everyone crazy about germs.

I haven't been in public if I can help it much though I do plan to go to church in the morning. I work a volunteer position that is pretty critical so I'm going to be keeping the hugs away now. Service will be really low in numbers anyway.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.