View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-12, 12:57

I just don’t understand someone torpedoing what will likely be the best gig they’ll ever have (it isn’t like she’s Meryl Streep, after all). She just shot herself in the foot, IMO.

UPDATE: her agency(?)/reps dropped her now. Folks scrambling for CYA mode, not wanting to be linked.

I always view this as "offense wagon"-jumping. Once it's out that someone is to be ostracized/marginalized, everyone in their professional orbit will kill themselves lining up to be the latest to publicly show themselves pushing her away/pulling away. I'm sure Twitter is hours from deleting her account.

"Look, we're on the right side of this too!"

Fine. Where do I send the cookie?

The one funny/refreshing thing I do see in all this, she doesn't appear to be gearing up for the expected groveling apology tour like most in this situation can't wait to do (as though it ever does any good anyway). She's at least smart enough to realize, unlike so many others before her, "nothing I say is going to get my gig back or make Twitter climb off my ass...so why bother going on Good Morning America and all the rest, trying to drum up fake tears and recite an apology I didn't write/don't really mean?"

You go, Gina...you wacky, wide-shouldered doofus. It was fun while it lasted!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-12 at 23:48.