View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-12, 14:21

That is such a boring way to make money.

Interestingly enough, it was also the topic of this LifeHacker article.

I'm still going to "play" in the market I think but will likely keep the bulk of my assets in mutual like funds. I had Vanguard at one point thanks to an employer but don't have them now. Apparently with Schwab there is a fee to those index funds. I have been on the lookout though for funds that would work long term.

However, in the context of this thread, I'm still going to be buying and selling individual stocks. Example is my foray recently where my stock went from $40 down to $23.16 currently. I mean, I don't lose anything until I sell it with stocks so in the end there could be a spike and I get my money back and then some. This one I'm going to leave until the stock goes to zero and the company folds or is doubles my money. I can do a lot with $80.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.