View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-02-13, 02:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Nobody is going to convince anti-vaccination types to take something that could save their life.
Not everyone who questions the Covid vaccines is an anti-vaxxer. Certainly pro-life groups have more than a passing interest in the health care system (and they own a lot of ultrasound machines). Anti-vaxxers overall have tended to be more secular than religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
did you even read your linked document? The most common vaccines are 'totally kosher' according to the pro-life organisation blah blah.

Cell lines are not living people; they are for the most part not derived from living people (aside from HeLa, which has a truly unfortunate and racist story behind it).

Tissue from which these lines were derived were taken from dead organisms. It isn't life at all.

Yes they were dead. Even that opinion piece acknowledges that they were extracted within five minutes after death, the story that the author invents is a hypothetical that did not happen about a c-section. Notably the language used in that quote isn't saying at all that this actually happened.
Yes, I get your points. (Hey, the PDF has been disappeared.)

I'm just looking at some of the arguments I'm hearing from pro-lifers and concerns being relayed on the comment threads of some Christian sites. Thanks to our government's spectacular bungling of the vaccine file, I won't need to make a decision on taking it for several months. The consensus in the overall Christian community seems to be that despite whatever distant links the science may have had to abortion, taking the vaccine is still pro-life as it will definitely save lives.

But my initial point was that abortion is just a bit of a contentious issue right now all over the world. If a significant minority of the pro-life community decides to boycott, herd immunity is toast in many places. A publicly-funded vaccine development program should have steered clear of anything that could have made taking the jab contentious, for all our sakes.