View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-18, 10:09

I don’t think you have to worry.

It’s funny how Disney is doing live-action takes on their animated stuff lately, either direct remakes (Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin) or prequels/alternate takes (Cruella, Maleficent).

Not sure anyone is really asking for them, and have any of them hit really big? I can at least understand the latter...a new, different story completely could be interesting, but why mess with a classic? To me it kinda cheapens/makes less special the animated original., as though Disney is saying “we know this old-timey format won’t cut it in today’s CGI/ADD/video game/24-7 stimuli world, so let’s redo them with bigger, known stars, update the jokes/tone, check the appropriate, expected boxes required in 2021 so we qualify for Oscar consideration, etc.

And it just seems unnecessary, all around.

It’s as though Disney is saying “we don’t think these originals are good enough and hold up; they aren’t timeless like we once kinda thought. We can do better!”

From what I’ve seen, no...you can’t. And aren’t. That Aladdin movie was unbearable And so obnoxious. What were they thinking?!?

I’m sorry, but putting Will Smith in a position to be directly compared to Robin Williams isn’t doing anybody any favors, including Smith himself. That he signed on says a lot about his ego and need for attention.

I think many would be like “thanks for the interest/offer, but that’s Robin’s. I’m not going to be able to best that. But I’d be interested in other projects, so please keep me in mind.”

Will Smith: “Awww, hell yeah. Get that blue paint on me...I’m ready, yo! Lets do this!”

The man has a healthy sense of himself.

Which, overall, is a good trait. But it’s probably resulted in a pile of bad choices over the years.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-18 at 10:19.