View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-25, 09:15

YAY! Great documents!

That is what I'm looking for. Sure that might be dry, but at least it isn't just the general "others have taken it and didn't die so it must be ok" kind of thing. While I don't expect there to be trade secrets in there, at least if I'm able to educate myself and others it would be a real game changer.

Drew, you are right... but when trust has been lost (in big Pharma) it is hard to just believe it is all sunshine and roses from them. The anti-vaxers aren't all quacks. Many just pick data they think supports their case and ignore the rest. Sadly, this isn't limited to them as that method is used pretty much across the board for all subjects. This is what is driving me to make my own educated choice. As a conservative Christian, many of the people in my circles are generally anti-vax because of a lack of trust. If I listened to them I wouldn't end up getting vaccinated ever, for anything. Science can't be tossed aside like that though... at least not proven science. Quoting a news source will never win an argument these days. Everyone knows there is a too much political push in the media in general. So if you have facts to be able to debate/communicate with then you stand to make greater ground.

An example is in the Johnson & Johnson document you read about this odd occurrence: "Numerical imbalances were observed between vaccine and placebo recipients for thromboembolic events (15 versus 10) and tinnitus (6 versus 0). Data at this time are insufficient to determine a causal relationship between these events and the vaccine."

So if I take that vaccine I'm going to get tinnitus? Anti-vaxers would be all over those things and tell you how it is damaging your nerves and going to make you deaf. (I already deal with tinnitus thanks to the Navy so jokes on them. ) There are so many reasons they might be exhibiting tinnitus that aren't related to the vaccine and yet it is included in the report.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2021-02-25 at 09:51.