Thread: LoCash
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-06-07, 00:14

I’ve been sitting here for a long time trying to think of what to say. For the last year Jack and I worked closely together on AN, then due to our similar schedules and personalities spent a lot of time talking, either online or over the phone.

I’d hear about his day, his work, his pranks he was pulling at work, and more importantly we’d talk about life. Jack always had a unique outlook on life. Nothing was just taken for granted. Jack lived his life in ways more people only read about. He was fearless, hilarious, crass, caring and daring all in one. I’ve known few people in my life like Jack, but he made me a better person.

As I was reading through some our conversations tonight I was struck with how amazing Jack was. As some of you know he’d recently lost his job and was in the process of looking for another one. Yet we were talking about ways he could give back to the community, and use the work he’d put in at AN to give to other people. Here he is going out on interviews to find work and he’s worried about how he can help others. It can be easy to lose sight of that side of Jack between the wild nights and humor filled days, but Jack really did care about others, which is hard to find in people.

I’m sorry you were taken so young Jack. I miss you.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me