View Single Post
Dave
Ninja Editor

2022-03-09, 00:53

I think the base Mac Studio w/ M1 Max should’ve been $1.7k or $1.8k, and the base Mac Studio w/ M1 Ultra should’ve been $3k. Otherwise, I think they’re great! Hopefully the pricing is a result of crappy yields and is something they can adjust later.

I think I’m gonna stick with my original “wait for the M2-based version” plan, but it is tempting.

WRT the Studio Display, I think for $1.6k, I’d want a bigger screen, HDR support, 120 Hz support (I didn’t see its refresh rate mentioned anywhere so I’m assuming it’s 60 Hz), or some combination, but hopefully it’ll push more competition in that space.

Oh, and it’s incredibly dumb that you have to chose between the regular stand and a VESA mount at the time of purchase. Come on, Apple, it’s not hard to design your way to four empty screw holes in the back.

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.