View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-06-07, 13:38

I couldn't resist digging deeper. I couldn't wait. I do love a good mystery.

Code:
<t***@***y.com>: host mx.zoho.com[136.143.191.44] said: 554 5.7.1 Email cannot be delivered. Reason: Email detected as Spam by spam filters. (in reply to RCPT TO command)
Code:
Final-Recipient: rfc822; t***@***y.com Action: failed Status: 5.7.1 Remote-MTA: dns; mx.zoho.com Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Email cannot be delivered. Reason: Email detected as Spam by spam filters.
Code:
# grep -B1 'Email cannot be delivered.' * | grep '@' | cut -d '-' -f2- | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn 532 <t***@***y.com>: host mx.zoho.com[136.143.191.44] said: 554 5.7.1 394 <t***@***y.com>: host mx.zoho.com[204.141.43.44] said: 554 5.7.1 7 <t***@***y.com>: host mx.zoho.com[204.141.33.44] said: 554 5.7.1
Email addresses censored by me, but they're all the same address and it appears to be yours. I expanded my search and found a few other messages failed delivery, but they're dwarfed by yours, and most of them look like legit errors (like "mailbox is disabled").

Can you think of anything to check on your end? I searched Spamhous and a few other blocklists for applenova.com and mail.applenova.com, and it looks like we're clean.

For science, I've subscribed to this thread, and I'm hoping to see if I get an email the next time someone else replies…

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.