Thread: Heat Wave 2022
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-23, 19:24

This week, while still warm, has seen slightly lower temps and lower humidity. It’s been nothing like last week, when I nearly got sick just from the 98+ temps and 85%+ humidity.

In fact, it’s quite pleasant right now (8:20pm ET). And our temps look to be dropping starting tomorrow, back down to highs in the mid-80’s, 10 degrees less than what it’s been for 12+ days. Yay.

Atlanta looks to be getting the same, with some good chances for rain in the next 7-10 days. Hang in there. I wish it would rain for 2-3 days straight here. Very dry outside.

I saw a dingbat toss her lit cigarette into the landscaping bushes in the Bojangles* drive-thru Monday morning. Damn thing started smoking and my car about three feet away. I told the girl at the window they might want to send someone out and pour a jug of water on the bush to douse it, due to the grade A idiot in front of me. She was like “are you serious?! How does she not know how hot and dry it’s been?! She IS an idiot!”

*Mostly Southeastern-based Cajun-spiced fried chicken/biscuit fast food joint. Think Popeye’s, with less marketing (but better biscuits).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-23 at 19:36.