View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-08-02, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooboy View Post
I just had a realization that my wife and I (mostly my wife ) have been using really crappy pots and pans since we were married 4 years ago. On some of them ... flecks of the "non stick" finish has come off ... I hope I haven't been eating it.

Anyways ... I need some purchasing advice. I don't want crap, I'm willing to spend some money ... but I don't need the best there is.

What should I look for? What should I buy? Where should I buy it?

Help!

Also ... don't know if it matters but we currently have a flat-top radiant-heat range.
Go to Costco and see what they have. The last time I checked, they had an unfamiliar-brand set for $99, a Kirkland set for around $150, and another Kirkland set for $199.

Years ago, I bought the Kirkland set that was $138 at the time, with glass lids. Even though I have a fairly large collection of LeCreuset, I use the Kirkland set the most, by far. Just so easy to clean compared to dealing with the LeCreuset stuff. The Kirkland set I have doesn't have a 'coating'; rather, the material is through and through.

Also, I have trouble with the LeCreuset skillets sticking. What a pain. So, to me, they're expensive, weigh a ton, and stick. However, as I said, I have a big set of LeC, and intend to use them more than I do now.

And yeah, sorry, but you've been eating those teflon flecks all this time. Eek!