View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-05-21, 22:29

So, I'm determined to practice my fledgling component electronics skills to implement some blinkies in my not-so Top Sekrit project this summer. Today I got a box full of resistors, capacitors, LEDs, ICs, and other assorted goodies from AllElectronics.com and I jumped right in with the standard 555 + 4017 combo for scrolly lights.

Anyone else here have much experience with wiring up little projects like this? It seems to be a dying art, or at least as would seem that way given how impossible it is to find parts. Except for Radio Shack, which is literally a magnitude overpriced for many parts, I couldn't find any local parts stores in the Raleigh/Cary, NC area. Maybe I just don't know where to look? Any tips from you pros?

turtle? WLP? It looks like you guys have some basic EE skills.
Attached Files
File Type: mov blinky.mov (442.3 KB, 9 views)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.