View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2008-11-28, 07:19

Thanks AWR.

I can't claim sole responsibility for the "photo-shopping". That was a collaborative effort with our visual design guy.

Gary is a nickname I've had for a long time. I thought I shook it whilst I spent three years in China, but an old friend introduced it to my workmates upon my return, so I decided to embrace it once again. We shot this at work, btw, so the wine was really weak green tea too.

I wasn't really going for anything with my mo', but everybody kept telling me it was of a certain style. The reason I took this photo was because we had a competition in Sydney for all the guys who had been growing mo's this month, yet I would be in Melbourne. They said to just provide a photo, but I thought I should have some fun with it.

The irony was that I could identify every person in that slide, except for one character. The award I received was for the best mo' based on his genre of work. Mine isn't strictly like that, but the picture and my physical absence at the event helped sell the illusion.

All I want is a simple life
twitter