View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-03, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Or maybe a creative day like once a month or so. Certainly not every week.
I certainly don't think decreasing the frequency is in the cards yet, and here's why: not everyone has a schedule that will allow them to take advantage of creative day if they really want to use it. In this very thread, for example, we have RowdyScot who won't be able to join us on a Saturday evening because he has to work. I don't want people excluded from this privilege because they have real-world obligations to meet and can't fit our schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
* Not all structures built in Creative mode are ugly, but open it up to everyone and I think you'll find that ugly outweighs the well-thought-out. Especially given a day to build (and hoard resources to continue building later).
The more I think about it, the more it seems "creative weekend" might be better than "creative day". You're absolutely right; one day probably isn't enough to finish a structure of moderate-large size. As for "ugly", that's always subjective, but if an overwhelming majority of players find something universally offensive, we'll deal with it as needed. I'm thinking grossly-bad griefer-type structures like landscapes covered in lava or giant penises, but again I think we're all mature enough that that won't be a problem.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.