View Single Post
¡Damned!

2013-12-20, 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Two things: Well that's all well and good except for the fact that most of those portals would end up uselessly in caves... Its better to find an area that might be of interest and plop a portal, rather than try to enforce a uniform grid. That said this sort of plopping would work fine with a polar or cartesian system of tunnels..
Maybe, but then we tear down and build above. At *exact coords*.

I find that the more portals pop up 100ish or so blocks away from where they're supposed to the more it irks me. Plus, if we rebuild at the exact right spot, somehow it clicks like a Rubik's Cube. I hate having to rebuild a portal at x,z just so it doesn't connect to another 1000 blocks away, but such is MC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
The nether is not the same as the one from the new world. it is different than the nether that was originally associated with cc, so its entirely new. i have already installed portals to my major points of effort/resources because those portals need to be where they are -- grid systems don't work for portals built into islands far from anything of interest (a description that captures both the new mob trap and my atoll).
True, but the Y coord is the only one I'm really concerned about. If we really had to (we doubtfully will, but still) we could get everything on the same level. If we wanted to.

So it goes.