View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-07-15, 20:48

I just measured out the would-be dimensions of the 30" version relative to my 22" CRT. The thing frickin dwarfs the entire chassis (not just the tube) of my monitor. Honestly, given how my desk is laid out and how tall I am in my chair relative to the monitor... I'd have to get a new swivel chair just to be at the proper height to view the monitor! I'm 6'1" btw. My dekstop stands about 30" above the floor, so do the math.

What I can't decide on now, is 2x 20" vs 1 23". Honestly I would only need the dual setup to stow all my Adobe palettes when I use those apps (weekly). But it seems kind of silly to spend $1300 to stow palettes. But OTOH, it would be nice to fill that entire 20" screen with image as I'm working on it. I'm trying to get used to the idea of having keyboard-activated palettes, so I just click them shut when I'm using the stylus, etc.

Have you guys ever set up your Photoshop palettes that way? The only thing is, I like to always have my history and layers palette open because it makes me nervous not to see the steps (I like to have at least 20 or so visible at all times) as they progress / see which layer is active, linked, etc.

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2004-07-15 at 20:54.