View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-11-01, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Of course, and pointing it out doesn't belittle or downplay the good he did do (iMac, iPod, iPhone, various notebooks, etc.).
Yep!

Like, my post was snarky, but yes, I really mean that. I'm also quite disappointed by people (including Gruber and at least one manager at Apple Inc.) who gush over the website. Like, apparently there's a dozen different animations for how the comma appears. Great! Do these people know that guy was in charge of industrial design and UI design at Apple? For half a decade? The amount of customers who gave up on Pro Macs in that era cannot be zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Nobody's denying he didn't have a hand, and a strong role, in any universe-denting endeavors. But, at some point in the past 5-8 years, he seemed to get a little ridiculous or obsessed with the "form" side of the equation. I don't think there's any denying that either.
Exactly. Show me that Ive is still able to create designs that are functional, pretty and (cherry on top) whimsical. Like a pulsating light on a laptop that indicates it's in sleep mode, but also looks nice (and is virtually invisible when it's not asleep), and has roughly the frequency of how humans breathe. Brilliant design from the early Ive era.