View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-16, 12:19

Anyone besides me think this would be interesting? Of course you do!

Personally, I think Anthony Michael Hall is took bulked-up and studly to play a convincing Gates (recast the role...should be easy...in fact, get that guy from "Office Space", the one who hated the copier!), but damn...Noah Wylie could pull off a good current-day Jobs (with the right haircut and some scruffy stubble) and perhaps a little "aging" makeup around the eyes?

That original movie ended at the Macworld Expo where Gates appeared on the big screen, right? Well think of what all has happened since then, with both of these companies!

Microsoft's legal battles, Gates' marriage, his UN contribution, the release of XP and their struggle with security, etc. And Apple? My gosh, where to start? The whole iEra, the development and nurturing of OS X, Steve's helming of Pixar through some MAJOR successes, the whole iPod thing, his bout with cancer, etc.

The little squabbles between these two companies, Jobs' temper and bickering with Real and others, the partnership with HP (get Felicity Huffman or someone like that to play Carly Fiorina).

But Apple is even MORE of a presence now, than when they made that original movie. And Microsoft only gets bigger with every passing year.

You could cast roles for Schiller, Ballmer, Ive, Cleary, Goldblum, Bono, Thurrot, etc.

Basically cover from 1997 to present day, and all that's happened. Make it three hours (or make it a two-part miniseries, if 2-3 hours isn't enough), put it on TNT or USA so they can accurately cuss, etc. and end, showing both companies at the top of their game, mutually - but grudgingly - respectful of one another, etc.

Done right - play up the dark humor, rip on Ballmer's onstage antics, target some Mac zealotry - it would be a huge hit. Probably MORE than the original, only because more people are computer-using and savvy than they were six or so years ago, plus the iPod has created such interest and buzz around Apple that tons of folks who'd probably never watch a movie about this topic now probably would? Done right, promoted strongly and airing on a good network during a good period (sweeps?).

I need to be in TV...I'd make it happen.

And every damn one of you would watch it, then go out and buy the DVD the following Tuesday. Just admit it...

Don't sit there and act like you wouldn't!

In lieu of this thing ever getting done, the least we could do is just have some fun playing casting director, right?

Have at it...

Bill? Danika? Ballmer? Woz? Ive?