View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-12-08, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegong
the "Snow Temple" was actually not photoshopped at all, and everything I do I do in Camera Raw. I never do any touching up.

That was shot simply with an infrared filter, and it's not snow.
DOH! I thought it was frost, actually. That explains it.

Quote:
I really want to focus on photojournalism [snip]. Of course, photojournalism must be true to the scene, and I think you can see it in the ballet story I shot the other day.
That's a great series, Steve. You're a talented kid....

I would actually say that what you have there is a mix of documentary and fine art photography. Some of those shots of the women rehearsing, in BW especially, would be great for fine art prints. Of course the only difference between photojournalism and documentary, is what the publication will and won't show, and the subject. If the ballet was the story, it's photojournalism. If you're telling the story of the ballet through a series of pictures, it's documentary. Actually I like documentary a fair amount too, I just live in a place that's too boring to qualify. Great shots though. Sadly I don't think any group of young women would invite me and my camera into their lockeroom, but they should.

Seriously, I always wonder how the guys who photograph these beautiful naked women all day -say for a fine art coffee table book (no prOn)- can stay uh... focused. I'd take like three shots and say "so, you look tense... how about a tasteful massage?".

...into the light of a dark black night.