Thread: iPad OS
View Single Post
Dave
Ninja Editor

2019-06-03, 23:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
They've still got some UI use-ability hurdles to climb through. Dude's struggle to copy/paste on stage is a clear example. Sure, it was a demo, but still …

I write quite a bit, and the iPad is not my doohickey of choice because of the relatively useless editing tools. Still a long way to go.
Agreed. They've been hobbled in the past, though, with an OS originally designed for a 3.5" screen running on a nearly 13" screen. UI elements designed for a screen that small will feel out of place on one that big, and ones designed for a screen that big will be useless the on the small screen. There really does need to be separate (or at least augmented) SDK for devices with a screen sizes over a certain threshold (off the top of my head, "can't generally be used one-handed" seems like a good starting point).

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.