View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2005-01-13, 03:47

You need to understand the law, and also actually develope some ideas of your own and then perhaps have them stolen.

Physical theft and theft of ideas, or theft of information is still theft.

Encouraging people to break the law is also a crime.

There are the legal arguments.

Apple don't want their information leaked, and there is the crux.. It is their proprietory information right up to the point they choose to make it public.

That to my mind is worthy of a law suit. It is certainly what the courts think too, otherwise they would have thrown the case out. AND THEY HAVEN'T.

Now if I listenend in on your phone calls (from the next room - nothing illegal there) and then (from stuff I heard in the convo.) told your boss you were planning to go work for another firm, and that lost you your job (assuming you have one). What would you do?

I mean your boss had a long term plan for you... but you only wanted to be there another three weeks to pay the bills... but because he now knows you are leaving anyway, he lets you go, screws your plans, and hires someone else...

Would you be happy about that...

You can try to brush my argument away... But all I have done is let information out of the bag a bit early.. No harm done, eh?

I think it would be possible to contrive some law-suit there also...
Would you be justified.. Who knows?

But I bet you'dd be pissed, and I bet if it did you some damage, you wouldn't compound it by making the reason public... Or perhaps I just had told stories on you one time too often and you wanted to nip it in the bud..

Either way you might investigate legal options to sue me, or even your boss, for using information which was going to be public anyway in a couple of weeks, and hey is just information anyway...

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt