View Single Post
autodata
hustlin

2005-11-06, 10:58

I had the joy of calling apple care yesterday for two screwed up machines. One was a logic board failure in a g3 ibook and the second was an ongoing problem with my powerbook's fan, something I've mentioned here before.

The [sarcastic]great[/sarcastic] thing about having applecare is that I get to have apple tell me that the fan issue is probably normal and then have them threaten me with a $100 diagnostic fee if I send it in again and they decide it's operating properly. This is with a computer so loud I can barely work on it for extended periods and that is so loud when it's just sitting idle that it's obnoxiously distracting even two rooms away.

I mean, I've like apple in the past, but I really don't have time for all of this, particularly the whole diagnostic fee threat.

Oh, and you wouldn't believe how many power cords I've gone through on apple laptops. I had a number with bricks that failed and now I've had two where the bare wire has become exposed right where it joins the plug for the computer. I've never had problems with the cords on any of my other cords for all of the many electronic devices.