View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-08-27, 11:22

Well, I don't make the rules. I'm just observing what I see. If it's not allowed, or if you're going to have to go around things, legally, and be on the hook for breaking agreements and all, it's just not appealing to me. I don't care what the reasons are. Apple went with AT&T. It's not up for us to decide if we should honor that or not. You don't have to, sure, but I don't know if the hassle is truly worth it. But if that's how a person wants to spend their time and talent, go right ahead...

Your examples are some "what if?" hypotheticals that don't really hold any interest for me.

The beef is with Apple and/or AT&T...not with me for pointing out what's what.

As for the other stuff, I don't think I made an all-encompassing blanket statement about "every hacker on the planet". I'm pretty sure I was limiting my dings to the ones doing the things I talk about in my post above...I realize plenty of folks are doing good things with their skills. I don't need that pointed out.

Don't ask me to support/understand this stuff because it's a "noble Robin Hood" type of deal. I'm not that starry-eyed.