View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-30, 18:08

Oh, no...I know all that. If I dropped my iPhone in a mud puddle tonight, I'm over to the AT&T store to get a current SE, absolutely. They're great phones. And if there was no rumored update on the 3-4 month horizon, I'd probably give in and get one before the end of the year (Christmas present to myself). Even the current SE is a four-generation step up from what I've got, and I'd be perfectly happy with the improvement/upgrade in every measurable way.

No, I'm saying I want them to always keep such a phone around for those of us who prefer the price and all. Sorry, probably confusing. I'll be heartbroken if the day comes that Tim & Co. yank the SE. It's the price. I'm comfortable with $399 in a way that I'm just not $699 or whatever. For something I use heavily, every single day, that $399 has been an incredible bang-for-the-buck since April 2016.

I'm happy in whatever form a $399 iPhone SE comes in...iPhone 5s, iPhone 8 and, down the road, a 12/13 mini(?). Do whatever it takes on the camera/display/bells-and-whistles front to keep that $399 pricing as an available option, and it can look like whatever it wants.