View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-04, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Agreed that Apple has always had a bit of a blind spot slash high on their own supply thing when it comes to monitors. Remember that nice, flat, translucent 22" Cinema Display rocking in the new century for a cool $4k? I'll give them that they were the only things like it on the market at the time (the golden age of CRT ), but even after LCD monitors became ubiquitous 5 or so years later, Apple still came out with that 30" Cinema Display north of $3k. Cool factors aside, both of those monitors were a fair chunk of change at the times.
Exactly. The need to get a grip.

I made, and deleted, a crack yesterday about Apple at times only seeming interested in catering to the Dubai oil sheik heir market. Well, I'm reinstating that comment...never should've deleted it yesterday. And I'll take it back if/when they pull back from that a bit.

PS - Google Image "Dubai rich guy" for a funny glimpse of my mental image of Apple's favorite customer base. When you have a pet cheetah/panther riding shotgun in your custom, one-off Bugatti, you can buy WTF-ever monitor you want!

"Apple, I'm looking for a monitor more in the $30,000 range, what can you do for me?"