Thread: MySQL for iOS?
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-01-17, 12:15

I think what I'm really looking for is a way to have a hosted php page that can accept inputs for things like mysql server hostname, user, pass and other variables and then actually display the results of the connection attempt so I can troubleshoot connection issues.

While it would be nice to be able to do basic connection testing and minor DB manipulation from my iPad, I'd not do that often enough to matter. Certainly not worth $9 or more for an app on the App Store.

To carry this farther, I'm thinking of maybe making it as a docker container that I can set environmental variables to do this! In the end, this is what it is really for. I'm getting into docker now and running into issues connecting to my central DB which isn't hosted in the "docker network" but rather my primary network.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.