View Single Post
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-08-14, 00:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico View Post
How many "bugs" with the iPhone can be updated with a software update...and how many would require me to wait for a new model entirely? I have heard of several issues besides what is on your list: no java/flash support, EDGE vs 3G network speed, only vertical typing when texting, ect...I want to know if buying the first iPhone version is worth it and if these issues can be solved, or should I wait for the newer model when they eventually release it? How long is Apple's contract with AT&T before it potentially could become a Verizon phone?
Any software "bug" should be fixable, and new software features can be added, via software update. I believe 3G, however, is a hardware issue that will not be available until a next-gen iPhone. (Note: My ranting above about the iCal/Calendar bug aside, I do not, in any way, consider iPhone to be buggy or to need a lot of software attention. The iPhone is, by far, the best piece of technology I've ever owned.)

I don't have any real complaints with EDGE, and with WiFi connections available all over, I certainly wouldn't wait for a 3G version before getting an iPhone, *unless* the wait was also tied to waiting for an existing cellular contract to expire or something like that.

As for the AT&T exclusive contract, I believe the initial announcement was two years, but others have speculated that AT&T has been granted up to a 5-year exclusive contract for iPhone in the U.S.