View Single Post
EDS66

2004-06-02, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
well, if it makes you feel any better, when i'm hiring i view MSCE as a negative to be overcome, not a positive on someone's resume.

given two identical applicants, one with, one without MSCE, i'll take the non MSCE every time.
I am sorry, but I disagree. Given ceteris paribus conditions, an MCSE will 99 percent of the time know more than a non-MCSE. Formal education, even if it takes form of a certificate, and when buttressed by experience, is always better than knowledge obtained from experience only.

Now, if you said that given two applicants, one with considerable experience in the field and one with limited experience but with an MCSE, then I would understand your point of view.

I work with MCSEs and non-MCSEs all the time, and frankly, I find MCSEs with 3 years and above experience to be better than their colleagues without MCSEs. MCSE-certified individuals have a more comprehensive understanding of the problem at hand and they can more effectively draw on other areas of Microsoft Networking to find solutions.

Just my two cents.