View Single Post
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-03-01, 20:39

Thanks for the feedback, 'Brad' and 'scates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Pretty much what Brad said.

2GB RAM (maybe 4GB down the road, when Ocelot or Lion comes out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
HDD-wise, personally I'd much rather have the speed (200GB @ 7200rpm) vs. capacity (250GB @ 5400rpm). To me that's a smart, no-brainer upgrade. Not for everyone, I realize. But for me. I've been on an 80GB 4200rpm drive for four-and-a-half years now, so anything is going to be a step up for me.
Interesting; 2-for-2 on the 200GB at 7200 option. I'm not sure I like the idea of losing 50GB of storage; perhaps the next MBPs will have even bigger HDs and size vs. speed won't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
As for matte vs. glossy, that's just a personal thing. Me? I think I'd dig the glossy. I like how it looks on the new iMacs and on the 13" MacBooks. My desk at home isn't situated in such a way that I'd be getting any nasty window reflections, so I think I'd like that crisp, dark look. I love my Dad's glossy iMac screen. Everything just seems richer, and seems to "pop" so much more.
This is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for re: the display. I travel a lot and use my PB in all kinds of lighting situations. Given that fact, should I simply avoid the glossy options without much further thought?

Thanks again.