View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-03-13, 21:29

Never could find a use for the dumb thing. We got notified yesterday at 5:45 that they were discontinued and to take our signage down. Good riddance. I think we sold maybe 8 or 9 of them.

The price was not the issue. The sound was not the issue. Rather, the near total lack of usefulness was the issue, and by that I am not referring to the quality or musical delivery. They're just a pain in the ass to use. The Mini is no better, because it's still driven by the same subscription thoughtlessness. I have a large iTunes Library on the computer, and getting the dumb things to look at that library consistently is just short of mystical. I couldn't possibly care less about Apple Music. I just want to listen to the music I have in my library, and Apple seems to have carelessly ignored that in favor of a poorly designed interface bent on delivering subscriptions for one music service or the other.

And that you have to have an iThing to make it work is just plain dumb!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)