Thread: E3 2011
View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2011-06-08, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Seriously, am I the only person who likes this? It's like a Gamecube controller (<3) without having to bring up a menu to switch equipment every two seconds. That alone sells me on the concept.
Big difference between the Screenmote and the GC controller(which itself is spiritually similar to the Xbox controller). It is the analog stick arrangement. Having both analog sticks on the same horizontal plane is kind of weird. It makes more sense to have them offset with buttons above the right analog stick as it is with the GC and the Xbox. I mean, I know the PS3 does it that way, and the PS2 did as well. But I never really liked it there either, but at least reaching up towards the buttons felt pretty comfortable.

I mean, maybe it could work, but I just really don't like the idea of reaching down for buttons.

I also don't like how small all of those buttons look, and the analog sticks themselves look kind of like 'slider' sticks, like what you'd see on a PSP or 3DS, also kind of a weird compromise.

Don't get me wrong here, I think the controller is great for the most part and combined with a ~PS3 caliber system should produce some really top notch games. But, the way the controller is designed does make it look like the buttons were kind of tacked on, and the touchscreen is what they want you to focus on/care about.