Thread: E3 2011
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-10, 00:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
The biggest problem I have with the screenmote so far is that it doesn't have analog sticks, it has analog nubs. I hate nubs. I guess they're acceptable on portable hardware but for a console controller? No sticks is a dealbreaker.
The "circle pads" certainly seem to be the least popular aspect of the controller. I haven't had a chance to use a 3DS yet; from what I've heard its circle pad is tighter and more comfortable than the PSP's analog nub, but it's still no analog stick. Why they wouldn't just use analog sticks is admittedly a little puzzling.

But the hardware is still over a year out yet, so there's potential for changes. The Wii Remote that hit stores in 2006 had some changes from the version that was unveiled at TGS 2005, so...there's hope.

Nintendo's stock has taken a tumble. I don't think that's because investors just hate the Wii U; I think they're probably disappointed Nintendo did not more directly address the threat from Cupertino. I mean, let's be real, the Wii U is probably no different than it would have been if Apple's massively successful iOS products had never happened.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong